Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Where's George?

Today I got one of those dollar bills covered in stamps with the URL "wheresgeorge.com" all over it. I'd heard about this website a while ago and checked it out, then I promptly forgot about it because I did not have a cool dollar bill covered in stamps until now :)

According to the site my little dollar bill was entered into their system 128 days ago in Omaha and from then until now it has travelled 177 miles.

People leave little comments about where they got the money and what condition it was in. It's oddly fascinating, sort of like tracking a message in a bottle. You can enter in any dollar bill and let others start tracking its journey as well so give it a go sometime :)

Written by atomicweightofcheese @ 9:15 AM ||

1 Comments:

At 2:41 AM, Blogger Matty G said...

DANG! I actually got one of those last Summer, and brought it back to Nebraska with me to spend. When I started reading your post, I grew hopeful that you had somehow gotten the same dollar I had...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

GetIndyKnow.com blogs are collections of short, frequently updated posts by members of the Grand Island community and Nebraska natives. Bloggers, and comment posters, are solely responsible for what they say.

If you're interested in blogging for GetIndyKnow, email us at yo@getindyknow.com with some sample entries and we'll check 'em out.
elementopia