Tuesday, August 02, 2005

My favourite geek

"TRAAAAAAAAAIIIIIINNNNNNNN!!!!!!"

One of my favourite movies is "Stand By Me." Rob Reiner did such a beautiful job tuning a Stephen King story into a movie - something most directors seem to have trouble with judging by all the cak adaptations of King's work out there.

One of the many reasons this film is so good is because of the work of a cute kid called Wil Wheaton. Of course Wil went on to star in some TV show after that. I hear it did pretty well :) (Just kidding, I'm a semi-trekkie.)

So it was kind of exciting for me to discover Wil has a blog and is actually pretty active in it. I've become a regular reader and it's been an absolute joy to read. I started reading it about the time one of his beloved pets died so that may have been what sucked me in. I felt bad for him :( But he bounced back.

The thing I enjoy the most about his blog is that my God, he's just a regular guy! Granted a regular guy who appears on CSI and gets to play in the World Poker Tour etc., and while that stuff's fun to read, it's the in-between posts about his everyday life I like the most because he writes so well.

Did I mention he's a geek? I have a soft-spot for geeks so that's probably another reason I like Wil's blog so much.

2 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger Asinine Army said...

Did you ever read his book?

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger atomicweightofcheese said...

No. I'd really like to though. I listened to the audio of him reading from "Just a Geek" at Gnomedex and it sounded great. I'm going to buy both books sometime soon though and check them out.

Have you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

GetIndyKnow.com blogs are collections of short, frequently updated posts by members of the Grand Island community and Nebraska natives. Bloggers, and comment posters, are solely responsible for what they say.

If you're interested in blogging for GetIndyKnow, email us at yo@getindyknow.com with some sample entries and we'll check 'em out.
elementopia