Sunday, July 31, 2005

Welcome...

I suppose you want to know what this "IVL" thing is about eh? Ok, I'll tell you.

The rather dull definition of "IVL" is "In Virtual Life" as I've so thoughtfully included in the header at the top of the page. Newbies to the 'Net may not know that oftentimes users online tend to shorten words up wherever they can and the abundance of acronyms in cyberworld is greater than those used in the Army. IVL means the activities you get up to online, from email to chatting to surfing the web.

On the flipside of that, when chatting with another Netizen, you may find yourself having to explain that you need to leave the world of bits and bytes for a little while and tend to such mundane chores as mowing that patch of green stuff outside your home or running to this place called "the store" to replenish your supply of nourishment necessary for long spells back in your virtual life. Venturing away from your computer to attend to such things is referred to as "In Real Life" or "IRL."

So now the boring stuff's out of the way, on to the fun stuff. I spend a lot of time online. I work online, and I often hang out online in my spare time. I've been a devoted netizen for over ten years and in that time I've run the gamut on weird experiences and enjoyable amusements. I've been wanting a good place to have as a repository to share them all and now I've found it.

Lucky you :)

Written by atomicweightofcheese @ 1:26 PM ||

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

GetIndyKnow.com blogs are collections of short, frequently updated posts by members of the Grand Island community and Nebraska natives. Bloggers, and comment posters, are solely responsible for what they say.

If you're interested in blogging for GetIndyKnow, email us at yo@getindyknow.com with some sample entries and we'll check 'em out.
elementopia