Monday, October 17, 2005

Got Beer?

I'm no beer connoisseur. In fact, I hate the stuff. Well, maybe hate is a strong word. I never could get the hang of beer. Back in high school when everyone else was doing the underage drinking thing, I didn't want to look like a douche so I'd secretly dump out my Budweiser and fill it with soda.

I never managed to develop a taste for it despite many attempts by my cousin to educate my palette with a wide variety of different brews.

The 12th of MaibockI've tried everything from Corona to a Hefewiezen. Bock to Belgian. I've even had my very own beer brewed for me as a birthday present (Called the 12th of Maibock - isn't that cute?) None of it did much for me although I did learn quite a bit about brewing and different styles. I guess growing up with a dad who drank Coors and Bud being the beer of choice for underage drinnkers everywhere, I never realized how much work goes into brewing.

So why the hell am I talking about beer here? Because I wanted to highlight my cousin's website, BeerMe.com.

BeerMe could quite possibly be the largest source of beer and brewery info on the Net. Rick has catalogued and rated almost 18,000 beers and has nearly 10,000 brewpubs and breweries listed. (The site used to be called 'Beerismylife.com' ut someone made him change it. But beer really is his life :) )

So if you love beer, are interested in brewing, or want to know where the nearest brewpub is, check out Rick's site :) And should you ever want to try his stuff, Rick works for Gottburg Brewery in Columbus, Nebraska. Stop by and tell him I sent you :)

Written by atomicweightofcheese @ 9:46 PM ||

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

GetIndyKnow.com blogs are collections of short, frequently updated posts by members of the Grand Island community and Nebraska natives. Bloggers, and comment posters, are solely responsible for what they say.

If you're interested in blogging for GetIndyKnow, email us at yo@getindyknow.com with some sample entries and we'll check 'em out.
elementopia